Banani School Daily Schedule
Monday to Friday
- Breakfast is at 6:45.
- Morning Assembly is held two times a week at 7:30 and classes begin at 7:50.
- Classes are 40 minutes long with a morning and afternoon tea break and a one-hour lunch period.
- The academic day ends at 14:30. From 14:30 to 17:00 students are occupied with service clubs, sports, and tutorials.
- Dinner is at 17:45, followed by a quiet study time in the classrooms from 18:30 to 20:00.
- Bedtime varies according to grade. Slight variations in these times may occur from year to year.
- Breakfast is at 8:00, after which the classrooms are thoroughly cleaned.
- Quiet study time is from 10:00 to 11:30 in the classrooms.
- The afternoon is free for study, recreation, and doing laundry.
- In the evening some entertainment is planned such as a video, coffee house, talent show, or dance.
There is an interfaith devotional program at 9:00, followed by a big brunch. The rest of the day is free for study and recreational activities. After dinner, there is a regular evening study.
The Academic Year at Banani
Grades 9 through 12 arrive at the beginning of the term in January. Grade 8s arrive one week later and undergo a few days of orientation before attending classes.
There are three terms of approximately three months each with a one-month break at the end of each term and a one-week break in the middle of each term. Classes are suspended on National Holidays and Bahá’i Holy Days when recreational and devotional activities are planned for the students.
The arrival date following every holiday is on a Sunday between 13:00 and 17:00 hours.
In cases of illness and for school breaks, parents are required to provide transport to and from the school. If a driver is sent in place of a parent, then they should be sent with a signed letter from a parent authorizing the pickup. The letter must identify clearly whose signature is attached.
The Banani campus is a “closed campus.” At present, visiting days are limited to the last Sunday of each month. Special visits for birthdays are not permitted, but the school bakes a birthday cake for each student’s birthday. When the last Sunday falls within a mid-term break, there is no visiting day that month. Visiting hours are from 10:00 to 17:00 hours. Brothers and sisters must be accompanied by their parents. Visitors are restricted to the parking area and academic buildings. The dorms are off limits. No alcohol is permitted on campus.
Annual General Meeting
The Annual General Meeting of parents is held on the Visiting Sunday of January every year, which is the last Sunday of the month. All parents whose fees are fully paid are encouraged to attend as the incoming School Advisory Council is elected at this meeting.